Some people need to build a full time income in their business before they can feel comfortable leaving their jobs. Perhaps they have a family and mortgage, and they need to know their income is solid before taking the plunge to full time.
Others have to leave their jobs before they’ll get busy and start their business. For them, they need the ‘sink or swim terror’ to inspire them to take massive action.
No matter which camp you fall into, here’s what’s true for nearly everyone:
- Your reason ‘why’ isn’t just a nice thing to have – it’s crucial for your success. The bigger your reason ‘why’ when you’re starting your own business, the more likely you will stick to it and do whatever it takes to succeed.
- To make your fledgling business a success, you need massive, undistracted action. For example, consider taking a week off from work, moving into a motel room away from all distractions, and creating your own product and sales funnel.
- If you don’t know how to do something, you have 2 choices: A: Learn to do it your This takes time and will often derail any momentum you had. For some, it will mean putting off starting the business for weeks and even months. B: Outsource that sucker and move on.
- Nearly everyone does better, accomplishes more and reaches success faster if they get a coach. Just sayin’.
- Once you taste success, you will never go back. I’ve almost never seen someone make money in their new business and then drop the whole thing to go back to a job. Once that fire is lit, there really is no turning back.
- Having your own business is not only financially freeing, it also instills a sense of self confidence that enhances almost every other aspect of your life.
- Starting your own business means overcoming your related fears, whatever those might Once you achieve success, you’ll find you’re able to overcome even greater fears and accomplish more than you dared hope back when you were safely enslaved. Errr… I mean employed.
If there’s a bottom line to this, it’s this: Decide what you’re going to do. Give yourself a deadline. Then move heaven and earth to get it done, and you will succeed.